Location: Peru (countrywide)
Domestic Flights in Peru Resume on July 15: The Ministry of Transportation approved the opening of Peruvian airports, including the Jorge Chávez International Airport, for domestic travel ONLY beginning on July 15, 2020. Travelers will be subject to additional safety measures at domestic terminals to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. All passengers on domestic flights will be required to wear a facemask and a protective face shield. Peru’s airports remain closed to international travel. For more information, please review the Ministry of Transportation decree (in Spanish) here: https://www.gob.pe/en/institucion/mtc/normas-legales/816527-0384-2020-mtc-01.
July 15 Repatriation Flight: The Solange Reps private tour operator flight from Lima to Miami (MIA), confirmed for this Wednesday, July 15, is sold out. This is not a U.S. Embassy flight. Passengers on the July 15 flight should meet at the JW Marriott Hotel at Larcomar in Miraflores (Lima) by 5:00 AM on Wednesday morning for flight check-in and transportation to the Grupo 8 Peruvian Airforce Base. The flight departs from the Grupo 8 Peruvian Air Force Base in Callao, NOT the Jorge Chávez International Airport. There is no transportation available from the commercial airport to the Air Force Base. Passengers are encouraged to carefully review the information about Grupo 8 Airbase, below. Solange flights are intended to repatriate U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) to the United States. If you are not a U.S. citizen, you may be subject to additional questioning by Peruvian government authorities.
The following repatriation flights are scheduled at this time:
Eastern Airlines: Tickets are on sale for an Eastern Airlines flight from Lima to Miami (MIA) on Wednesday, July 22. This flight is open to U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs). To purchase tickets, visit https://goeasternair.com, call +1 (855) 216-7601, or send a WhatsApp message to +52-1-800-953-1800.
Solange Reps Travel Agency: Private tour operator Solange Reps is planning a flight from Lima to Miami (MIA) on Friday, July 24. The flight is open to U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs). Interested travelers should complete this form: https://solangereps.typeform.com/to/GZcPF3lm. This is not a U.S. Embassy flight. For additional information, contact Solange Reps directly by calling or sending a WhatsApp message to +1 (786) 387-0000 or +51-952-396-417 or visiting their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Solangereps.Mayoristapreferida.
Grupo 8 Airbase Restrictions and Limitations: Travelers are reminded that all repatriation flights depart from the Grupo 8 Peruvian Air Force Base in Callao. This is not a conventional airport and, as a result, has restrictions and limitations. Please keep the following in mind as you are making travel arrangements, and plan accordingly:
- Check-in, security screenings, and waiting areas are located outdoors. Passengers should bring a jacket, comfortable shoes, as well as any other items to ensure you are comfortable while waiting to board the repatriation flight. Seating in waiting areas is in plastic chairs and limited.
- The Grupo 8 Airbase is a controlled-access facility and movement is restricted. Passengers are not allowed to move outside the designated areas while waiting to board their flight.
- Bring your own food and water. Food facilities are not available at the Grupo 8 Airbase, and repatriation flights may have limited food options.
- Bathrooms are limited. Bring your own sanitizer and wipes.
- All passengers are required to carry their own carry-on luggage onto the plane.
- Wireless internet (Wi-Fi) service is not available at the Airbase or on the flights.
- No smoking is allowed.
- All passengers board planes via stairs from the tarmac. Jet bridge services are not available, and accessibility is limited.
- Check with your travel provider to arrange appropriate accessibility measures prior to arriving at Grupo 8. Wheelchair availability is limited. Airline staff can assist in very limited circumstances. If you need additional assistance, you may need to travel with a companion who can assist.
- Be prepared to wait for extended periods of time. The check-in and boarding process at the Grupo 8 Airbase is unlike the commercial airport process. Expect to wait several hours prior to boarding your plane.
- Facemasks are required while waiting, boarding, and traveling on the airplane per Peruvian and U.S. government regulations.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter