Economic Reactivation: On June 30, the Government of Peru published a legislative decree stipulating that effective today, July 1, Peru enters “Phase 3” of its economic recovery in most of the country. The decree includes the following:
- Stores can open at up to 50% of customer capacity.
- Restaurants and similar institutions (excluding bars) can open at up to 40% of customer capacity.
- Hotels and travel agencies are authorized to reopen.
- Passengers using public transportation must use seats (are not allowed to travel standing up) and must wear face protectors in addition to the mandatory facemasks.
Before reopening, businesses in many sectors, including restaurants, must present their public health plan to the Peruvian authorities and request approval. They cannot open automatically before receiving official permission.
The reactivation does not apply to the regions of Arequipa, Huanuco, Ica, La Libertad, or San Martín, nor to the provinces of Santa, Casma, or Huaraz in Ancash. The full text of the legislative decree is available in Spanish at https://busquedas.elperuano.pe/normaslegales/decreto-supremo-que-aprueba-la-fase-3-de-la-reanudacion-de-a-decreto-supremo-n-117-2020-pcm-1869317-1/.
Upcoming Flights: The U.S. Embassy urges all U.S. citizens who wish to depart Peru to contact one of our travel partners directly to purchase a ticket on a repatriation flight. We continue to announce viable scheduled flights through travel partners in email alerts. DO NOT WAIT TO BE CONTACTED BY THE U.S. EMBASSY. The Jorge Chávez International Airport remains closed for the near future.
The following repatriation flights are scheduled at this time:
Eastern Airlines: Tickets are on sale for an Eastern Airlines flight from Lima to Miami (MIA) on Wednesday, July 8. This flight is open to U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs). To purchase tickets, visit https://goeasternair.com, call +1 (855) 216-7601, or send a WhatsApp message to +52-1-800-953-1800.
Solange Reps Travel Agency: Private tour operator Solange Reps is planning a flight from Lima to Los Angeles (LAX) on Friday, July 10. The flight is open to U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs). Interested travelers should complete this form: https://solangereps.typeform.com/to/ZezwwaLN. This is not a U.S. Embassy flight. For additional information, contact Solange Reps directly by calling or sending a WhatsApp message to +1 (786) 387-0000 or +51-952-396-417 or visiting their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Solangereps.Mayoristapreferida.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter