Location: Peru (countrywide)
FINAL October repatriation flights: The following flights are the last repatriation flights from Peru to the United States currently scheduled. At this moment, there are no additional repatriation flights planned beyond October 26. Travelers wishing to return to the United States on a repatriation flight should make arrangements to do so now.
- Private tour operators GSV Travel & Turifax are offering a flight from Lima to Miami on Friday, October 23, operated by Delta Airlines. Interested travelers should complete this form AS SOON AS POSSIBLE: https://bit.ly/2G2a1vk. For additional information on this flight, contact GSV Travel & Turifax directly by calling or sending a WhatsApp message to +51 936 260 809, +51 999 880 040, +51 990 990 833, or +51 981 263 732 or by visiting their Facebook page: GSV Travel & Turifax.
- The Solange Reps flight from Lima to Miami (MIA) on Monday, October 26, operated by Viva Airlines, is SOLD OUT.
High wind event along the coast: Peruvian media outlets are reporting that areas along the coast, including Ayacucho, Ica, and Lima, may experience high winds of up to 35 km and gusts up to 40 km from Monday, October 19, through Wednesday, October 21. If you live in these areas, follow the recommendations of Peruvian authorities, secure outdoor items such as patio furniture, and consider reinforcing roofs and windows that may be susceptible to damage.
Dengue fever reminder: Peruvian authorities are reminding people that November 1 is the start of dengue fever season in high prevalence areas. Those living in areas such as Loreto, Ica, Ucayali, San Martín, Junín, and Madre de Dios should take precautions against mosquitoes, including using sprays and mosquito nets. Peru has already experienced unusually high numbers of dengue infection this year, even during winter months, since normal prevention measures such as fumigation were not carried out due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Voting reminder: Remember U.S. embassies and consulates are not polling places. Same-day in-person voting is not available outside the United States, but you can get assistance in requesting and returning your absentee ballot. Many states require completed ballots to reach local election officials by the close of polls on Tuesday, November 3. We are currently collecting ballots on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday mornings between 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. until Tuesday, November 3, except Peruvian and U.S. holidays. For more information see FVAP.Gov or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter