Location: Peru (countrywide)
Event: Government of Peru Announces Semana Santa (Holy Week) Quarantine Restrictions (March 22, 2021)
On March 17, 2021 the Government of Peru announced nationwide quarantine restrictions for Semana Santa (Holy Week) from April 1 – April 4, 2021.
- 24-hour curfew during April 1-4, 2021 with the exception of one person per family permitted outside for pedestrian shopping.
- Grocery stores, bodegas, supermarkets, and pharmacies will be open for walk-in customers from 4:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Restaurants will be open for delivery from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- 24-hour drugstore delivery will be available.
- The use of bicycles for grocery shopping will be allowed.
- Personal vehicles are prohibited.
- Public transportation and taxis with authorization are authorized.
- Domestic interprovincial land and air transportation will be suspended from April 1 – 3, 2021. Domestic travel will only be allowed on April 4. International arrivals and departures will operate. International travelers should plan their connecting transfers accordingly.
For more information (Spanish) please see: https://elperuano.pe/noticia/117173-gobierno-dicta-nuevas-medidas-de-restriccion-para-la-semana-santa.
Actions to Take:
- Always wear your mask outside and carry a photo ID.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- See the Embassy’s COVID-19 webpage for information about conditions in Peru.
- Visit the CDC Travelers Health Page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates: https://step.state.gov/
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter