Location: Peru (countrywide)
Upcoming Flights: The Solange Reps Private Tour Operator flight from Lima to Miami (MIA) is confirmed for tomorrow, Saturday, June 6. Solange Reps states that the flight is sold out. Passengers on the June 6 flight should meet at the JW Marriott Hotel at Larcomar in Miraflores by 6:00 AM tomorrow morning for flight check-in. Solange flights are open to U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs). This is not a U.S. Embassy flight. For additional information, contact Solange Reps directly by calling or sending a WhatsApp message to +1 (786) 387-0000 or +51-952-396-417.
Grupo 8 Airbase Restrictions and Limitations: Travelers are reminded that all repatriation flights depart from the Grupo 8 Peruvian Air Force Base in Callao. This is not a conventional airport and, as a result, has restrictions and limitations. Please keep the following in mind as you are making travel arrangements, and plan accordingly:
- Check-in, security screenings, and waiting areas are located outdoors. Passengers should bring a jacket, comfortable shoes, as well as any other items to ensure you are comfortable while waiting to board the repatriation flight. Seating in waiting areas is in plastic chairs and limited.
- The Grupo 8 Airbase is a controlled-access facility and movement is restricted. Passengers are not allowed to move outside the designated areas while waiting to board their flight.
- Bring your own food and water. Food facilities are not available at the Grupo 8 Airbase, and repatriation flights may have limited food options.
- Bathrooms are limited. Bring your own sanitizer and wipes.
- All passengers are required to carry their own carry-on luggage onto the plane.
- Wireless internet (Wi-Fi) service is not available at the Airbase or on the flights.
- No smoking is allowed.
- All passengers board planes via stairs from the tarmac. Jet bridge services are not available, and accessibility is limited.
- Check with your travel provider to arrange appropriate accessibility measures prior to arriving at Grupo 8. Wheelchair availability is limited. Airline staff can assist in very limited circumstances. If you need additional assistance, you may need to travel with a companion who can assist.
- Be prepared to wait for extended periods of time. The check-in and boarding process at the Grupo 8 Airbase is unlike the commercial airport process. Expect to wait several hours prior to boarding your plane.
- All adults are required to wear a facemask while waiting, boarding, and traveling on the airplane per Peruvian and U.S. government regulations.
- Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.
The U.S. Embassy is working diligently to confirm additional repatriation flight options. We will share new and pertinent information as soon as it becomes available. We continue to announce viable scheduled flights through travel partners in e-mail alerts. The U.S. Embassy urges all U.S. citizens who wish to depart Peru to contact one of our travel partners directly to purchase a ticket on a repatriation flight. DO NOT WAIT TO BE CONTACTED BY THE U.S. EMBASSY. The Jorge Chávez International Airport remains closed for the near future. If you remain in Peru, please follow Peruvian government quarantine restrictions.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
- Avenida La Encalada 1615
- Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter