Location: Tumbes, Piura, Lambayeque, La Libertad, Ancash department, Metropolitan Lima, and Callao province
Event: On December 21, the government of Peru banned eight-hour or longer flights until January 5, 2021. This announcement modifies an earlier decree restricting flights from several European countries and the United Kingdom. The decree is published here (in Spanish): https://busquedas.elperuano.pe/normaslegales/suspenden-por-quince-dias-calendario-los-vuelos-de-pasajeros-resolucion-ministerial-n-968-2020-mtc01-1914074-1/.
The government of Peru announced the following updated quarantine restrictions in certain regions of Peru effective December 22, 2020 until January 4, 2021.
- Beaches in Tumbes, Piura, Lambayeque, La Libertad, Ancash department, Metropolitan Lima, and Callao province are closed except for no-contact socially-distanced individual water sports such as surfing, windsurfing, and rowing.
- Shopping malls in these regions will be restricted to 40% capacity.
- Curfew hours have changed to 11:00 PM to 4:00 AM in Lima and 10:00 PM to 4:00 AM in Tumbes, Piura, Lambayeque, La Libertad, Ancash department, Metropolitan Lima, and Callao province.
The U.S Embassy encourages all U.S. citizens to comply with the Peruvian government’s quarantine measures and to follow the instructions of Peruvian authorities. Practice social distancing, carry your identification and phone, and the use of a facemask is required in public. The decree is published online here (in Spanish): https://busquedas.elperuano.pe/normaslegales/decreto-supremo-que-prorroga-el-estado-de-emergencia-naciona-decreto-supremo-n-201-2020-pcm-1914076-2/
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter