Location: Peru (countrywide)
Health Ministry Resolution for Travelers Leaving Peru: On August 15, the Peruvian Ministry of Health (MINSA) issued a ministerial resolution outlining health protocols for travelers departing Peru on a repatriation flight. Passengers may be subject to evaluation by MINSA personnel before boarding. Passengers suspected of having COVID-19 will not be allowed to board. The full text of the resolution can be accessed here (in Spanish): https://www.gob.pe/institucion/minsa/normas-legales/1098054-627-2020-minsa.
All repatriation flights will depart from Jorge Chávez International Airport starting August 18. The airport remains closed for commercial flights. International borders remain closed. If you remain in Peru, please continue to follow Peruvian government health and safety guidelines and quarantine restrictions.
Rescheduled Flight: The flight from Lima to Miami (MIA) on Friday, August 14 offered by private tour operator Solange Reps has been rescheduled for August 19 and will depart from the Jorge Chávez International Airport. This flight is sold out. Ticketed passengers should meet at the JW Marriott Hotel at Larcomar in Miraflores (Malecón de la Reserva 615, Miraflores, Lima 15074) by 7:00 AM on Wednesday, August 19 for transportation to the airport. The travel agency will contact all passengers with further information regarding airport protocols. Only ticketed passengers will be allowed entry to the airport. Family and friends should stay home in order to follow all social distancing measures and Ministry of Health protocols.
Upcoming Repatriation Flights: Repatriation flights are intended for U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) to return to the United States. U.S. citizens who wish to depart Peru should purchase a ticket NOW. DO NOT WAIT TO BE CONTACTED BY THE U.S. EMBASSY. If you are not a U.S. citizen, you may be subject to additional questioning or denied boarding by Peruvian government authorities prior to exiting the country. Visa and ESTA holders, including those accompanying U.S. citizens, should be prepared to provide supporting documentation to Peruvian Immigration confirming your emergency need to depart Peru.
Private tour operator Solange Reps is planning the following flights for the month of August:
- Lima to Miami (MIA) on Wednesday, August 19. This flight is sold out.
- Lima to Miami (MIA) on Friday, August 21. This flight is sold out.
- Lima to Miami (MIA) on Friday, August 28. The flight is open to U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs). Interested travelers should complete this form: https://solangereps.typeform.com/to/jqZW8s32. This is not a U.S. Embassy flight. For additional information, contact Solange Reps directly by calling or sending a WhatsApp message to +1-786-387-0000 or +51-952-396-417 or +51 987-565-171 or visiting their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Solangereps.Mayoristapreferida.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter