Location: Peru (countrywide)
Additional Repatriation Flight: The MFA has informed the U.S. Embassy that an additional flight to the U.S. has been approved for Tuesday, September 8 operated by LATAM Airlines. This flight is open to U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR’s), as well as certain current visa holders. Interested travelers should complete this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDmyFO_Eaz2h39YGcgM1_tW2oX3PieIqycohu44bX6UzUyhw/viewform. For additional information, please contact LATAM at: email@example.com.
Upcoming Repatriation Flights: The U.S. Embassy continues to work with the Peruvian government and multiple travel providers to offer additional repatriation flights for September. We will continue to announce all viable travel options through these email alerts.
The following flights are currently scheduled:
- Solange Reps-Lima to Miami (MIA) on Friday, September 4 operated by Delta Airlines. This flight is sold out.
- Solange Reps-Lima to Miami (MIA) on Friday, September 11 operated by Delta Airlines. This flight is sold out.
- Solange Reps-Lima to Miami (MIA) on Tuesday, September 15 operated by Viva Airlines. This flight is sold out.
- Solange Reps-Lima to Miami (MIA) on Thursday, September 17 operated by Delta Airlines. Interested travelers should complete this form: https://solangereps.typeform.com/to/cRAAqMIK. This flight is open to U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs). For additional information on the above flights, contact private tour operator Solange Reps directly by calling or sending a WhatsApp message to +1-786-387-0000, +51-952-396-417 or +51 987 565171 or visiting their Facebook page: Solange Reps Tu Mayorista.
- GSV Travel-Lima to Miami (MIA) on Friday, September 18 operated by Delta Airlines. This flight is sold out.
U.S. citizens who wish to depart Peru should purchase a ticket NOW. DO NOT WAIT FOR THE U.S. EMBASSY TO CONTACT YOU. If you are not a U.S. citizen, you may be subject to additional questioning or denied boarding by Peruvian government authorities prior to exiting the country. Visa and ESTA holders, including those accompanying U.S. citizens, should be prepared to provide supporting documentation to Peruvian Immigration confirming your emergency need to depart Peru.
Repatriation Update: To date, approximately 13,057 U.S. citizens have left Peru on repatriation flights. All repatriation flights are intended for U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) to return to the United States.
Domestic Air and Bus Travel Resumes for Certain Regions: Per the most recent Supreme Decree quarantine restrictions have been lifted for certain cities within Peru. The following regional airports are currently conducting flights (to/from) Lima: Talara, Tumbes, Piura, Chiclayo, Lima, Arequipa, Iquitos, Tarapoto, Pucallpa. Some commercial bus routes are operating to and from the aforementioned unrestricted areas. Restricted or closed for the next two weeks: Tacna, Moquegua, Cusco, Madre de Dios, Juliaca (Puno), Apurimac, Huancavelica, Junin, Huanuco, Cajamarca, and Ancash.
Children quarantine restrictions: Children under 14 years old are permitted to be outside of their residence for 30 minutes per day but must be accompanied by an adult and must remain within 500 meters of their residence. At all other times, children must remain indoors with the exception of an emergency. For more information (in Spanish) see Peruvian Supreme Decree: https://cdn.www.gob.pe/uploads/document/file/898487/DS_116-2020-PCM.pdf.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter