Location: Peru (countrywide)
Event: The Solange Reps Travel Agency flight from Lima to Miami (MIA) is confirmed for tomorrow, Friday, July 3. Ticketed passengers should meet at the JW Marriott Hotel at Larcomar in Miraflores (Malecón de la Reserva 615, Miraflores, Lima 15074) by 6:00 AM tomorrow morning for flight check-in. The flight departs from the Grupo 8 Peruvian Air Force Base in Callao. Passengers are encouraged to carefully review the information about the Grupo 8 Airbase, below. This is not a U.S. Embassy flight. For additional information, contact Solange Reps directly by calling or sending a WhatsApp message to +1 (786) 387-0000 or +51-952-396-417 or visiting their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Solangereps.Mayoristapreferida.
Grupo 8 Airbase Restrictions and Limitations: Travelers are reminded that all repatriation flights depart from the Grupo 8 Peruvian Air Force Base in Callao. This is not a conventional airport and, as a result, has restrictions and limitations. Please keep the following in mind as you are making travel arrangements, and plan accordingly:
- Check-in, security screenings, and waiting areas are located outdoors. Passengers should bring a jacket, comfortable shoes, as well as any other items to ensure you are comfortable while waiting to board the repatriation flight. Seating in waiting areas is in plastic chairs and limited.
- The Grupo 8 Airbase is a controlled-access facility and movement is restricted. Passengers are not allowed to move outside the designated areas while waiting to board their flight.
- Bring your own food and water. Food facilities are not available at the Grupo 8 Airbase, and repatriation flights may have limited food options.
- Bathrooms are limited. Bring your own sanitizer and wipes.
- All passengers are required to carry their own carry-on luggage onto the plane.
- Wireless internet (Wi-Fi) service is not available at the Airbase or on the flights.
- No smoking is allowed.
- All passengers board planes via stairs from the tarmac. Jet bridge services are not available, and accessibility is limited.
- Check with your travel provider to arrange appropriate accessibility measures prior to arriving at Grupo 8. Wheelchair availability is limited. Airline staff can assist in very limited circumstances. If you need additional assistance, you may need to travel with a companion who can assist.
- Be prepared to wait for extended periods of time. The check-in and boarding process at the Grupo 8 Airbase is unlike the commercial airport process. Expect to wait several hours prior to boarding your plane.
- Facemasks are required while waiting, boarding, and traveling on the airplane per Peruvian and U.S. government regulations.
Upcoming Repatriation Flights: The U.S. Embassy urges all U.S. citizens who wish to depart Peru to contact one of our travel partners directly to purchase a ticket on a repatriation flight. We continue to announce viable scheduled flights through travel partners in email alerts. DO NOT WAIT TO BE CONTACTED BY THE U.S. EMBASSY TO PURCHASE YOUR TICKET. The Jorge Chávez International Airport and international borders remain closed for the near future. If you remain in Peru, please continue to follow the Peruvian government’s public health and safety measures.
The following repatriation flights are scheduled at this time:
Eastern Airlines: Tickets are on sale for an Eastern Airlines flight from Lima to Miami (MIA) on Wednesday, July 8. This flight is open to U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs). To purchase tickets, visit https://goeasternair.com, call +1 (855) 216-7601 or send a WhatsApp message to +52-1-800-953-1800.
Solange Reps Travel Agency: Private tour operator Solange Reps is planning a flight from Lima to Los Angeles (LAX) on Friday, July 10. The flight is open to U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs). Interested travelers should complete this form: https://solangereps.typeform.com/to/ZezwwaLN. This is not a U.S. Embassy flight. For additional information, contact Solange Reps directly by calling or sending a WhatsApp message to +1 (786) 387-0000 or +51-952-396-417 or visiting their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Solangereps.Mayoristapreferida.
Independence Day: The U.S. Embassy will be closed to non-emergency services tomorrow, July 3, in honor of the July 4 Independence Day holiday. We wish the U.S. citizen community in Peru a happy and healthy Independence Day!
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter