Punta Hermosa, Punta Negra, and San Bartolo, Peru
The Government of Peru has announced the potential for continued flooding and mudslides in Punta Hermosa (especially Playa Norte and Playa Central), Punta Negra, and San Bartolo.
Persons living in areas prone to flooding are urged to take preventive actions, stay away from rivers, and be attentive to the recommendations of local authorities.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Enroll in STEP to receive alerts and messaging from the U.S. Embassy in Lima.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada cdra. 17 s/n
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- U.S. Consular Agency Cusco
Avenida El Sol 449
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter