Location: Peru (countrywide)
Upcoming Repatriation Flights:
The U.S. Embassy continues to work with the Peruvian government and multiple travel providers to offer additional repatriation flights for September. We will continue to announce all viable travel options through these email alerts.
Private tour operator Solange Reps is coordinating a flight from Lima to Miami (MIA) on Friday, August 28 operated by Delta Airlines. This flight is sold out. Ticketed passengers should meet at the JW Marriott Hotel at Larcomar in Miraflores (Malecón de la Reserva 615, Miraflores, Lima 15074) by 9:30 AM on Friday, August 28 for transportation to the airport. The travel agency will contact all passengers with further information regarding airport protocols.
Solange Reps is also planning a flight from Lima to Miami (MIA) on Friday, September 4, operated by Delta Airlines. The flight is open to U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs). Interested travelers should complete this form: https://solangereps.typeform.com/to/KFh11KtD. This is not a U.S. Embassy flight. For additional information, contact Solange Reps directly by calling or sending a WhatsApp message to +1-786-387-0000, +51-952-396-417 or +51 987 565171 or visiting their Facebook page: Solange Reps Tu Mayorista
Repatriation flights are intended for U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) to return to the United States. U.S. citizens who wish to depart Peru should purchase a ticket NOW. DO NOT WAIT FOR THE U.S. EMBASSY TO CONTACT YOU. If you are not a U.S. citizen, you may be subject to additional questioning or denied boarding by Peruvian government authorities prior to exiting the country. Visa and ESTA holders, including those accompanying U.S. citizens, should be prepared to provide supporting documentation to Peruvian Immigration confirming your emergency need to depart Peru.
Jorge Chávez International Airport Guidelines: Travelers are reminded that all repatriation flights now depart from the Jorge Chávez International Airport. Please keep the following in mind as you are making travel arrangements, and plan accordingly:
- Be prepared to wait for extended periods of time. The return to commercial airport is likely to produce delays as new measures are implemented for the first time.
- Only ticketed passengers will be allowed entry to the airport. Family and friends should stay home in order to follow all social distancing measures and Ministry of Health protocols.
- All passengers are subject to security screening.
- All passengers are subject to health screening before boarding. Passengers should expect to have their temperature taken and should be prepared to answer health-related questions. Passengers suspected of having COVID-19 will not be allowed to board.
- Bring snacks. Food facilities may not be open, and repatriation flights have limited food options.
- Bring your own sanitizer and wipes, but note that liquids may be restricted due to airport security regulations.
- Face masks AND face shields are required at all times at Jorge Chávez International Airport. Face masks are required while traveling on the airplane to comply with Peruvian and U.S. government regulations.
- No smoking is allowed.
- Check with your travel provider in advance to arrange appropriate accessibility measures prior to arriving at the airport. Wheelchair availability may be limited. Airline staff can assist in very limited circumstances. If you need additional assistance, you may need to travel with a companion who can assist.
The airport remains closed for commercial flights. International borders remain closed. If you remain in Peru, please continue to follow Peruvian government health and safety guidelines and quarantine restrictions.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter