Location: Peru (countrywide)
July 24 Repatriation Flight: The Solange Reps private tour operator flight from Lima to Miami (MIA), confirmed for this Friday, July 24, is sold out. This is not a U.S. Embassy flight. Passengers on the July 24 flight should meet at the JW Marriott Hotel at Larcomar in Miraflores (Lima) by 7:00 AM on Friday morning for flight check-in and transportation to the Grupo 8 Peruvian Air force Base. The flight departs from the Grupo 8 Peruvian Air Force Base in Callao, NOT the Jorge Chávez International Airport. There is no transportation available from the commercial airport to the Air Force Base. Passengers are encouraged to carefully review the information about Grupo 8 Airbase, below.
Grupo 8 Airbase Restrictions and Limitations: Travelers are reminded that all repatriation flights depart from the Grupo 8 Peruvian Air Force Base in Callao. This is not a conventional airport and, as a result, it has restrictions and limitations. Please keep the following in mind as you are making travel arrangements, and plan accordingly:
- Check-in, security screenings, and waiting areas are located outdoors. Passengers should bring a jacket or coat, comfortable shoes, sunscreen, as well as any other items to ensure you are comfortable while waiting to board the repatriation flight. There is no seating at the meeting point and seating in waiting areas is in plastic chairs and limited. The meeting point and the Airbase are windy, cold, and you may be unprotected by the elements at certain times.
- Bring your own food and water. Food facilities are not available at the Grupo 8 Airbase, and flights have limited food options due to COVID-19 mitigation measures by the airlines.
- The Airbase is a controlled-access facility and movement is restricted. Passengers are not allowed to move outside the designated areas while waiting to board their flight.
- Bathrooms are limited. Bring your own sanitizer and wipes.
- All passengers are required to carry their own carry-on luggage onto the plane.
- Wireless internet (Wi-Fi) service and battery charging stations are not available at the Airbase. Cell signal is spotty at the Airbase
- No smoking is allowed.
- All passengers board planes via stairs from the tarmac. Jet bridge services are not available, and accessibility is limited.
- Check with your travel provider to arrange appropriate accessibility measures prior to arriving at the Airbase. Wheelchair availability is limited. Airline staff can assist in very limited circumstances. If you need additional assistance, you may need to travel with a companion who can assist.
- Be prepared to wait for extended periods of time. The check-in and boarding process at the Airbase is unlike the commercial airport process. Expect to wait several hours prior to boarding your plane.
- Flight departure times are estimates and actual departure time may be delayed. You may arrive late at night in Miami. Plan your onward travel accordingly.
- The Miami International Airport has hotel facilities inside and near the airport as well as car rental agencies. For more information visit: http://www.miami-airport.com/.
- Facemasks are required while waiting, boarding, and traveling on the airplane per Peruvian and U.S. government regulations.
All repatriation flights are intended for U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) to return to the United States from Peru. All U.S. citizens who wish to depart Peru should purchase a ticket NOW. DO NOT WAIT TO BE CONTACTED BY THE U.S. EMBASSY. If you are not a U.S. citizen, you may be subject to additional questioning by Peruvian government authorities to exit the country. Visa and ESTA holders, including those accompanying U.S. citizens, should be prepared to provide supporting documentation to Peruvian Immigration regarding your emergency need to depart Peru
The following repatriation flight is scheduled at this time:
Solange Reps Travel Agency: Private tour operator Solange Reps is planning a flight from Lima to Miami (MIA) on Friday, July 31. The flight is open to U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs). Interested travelers should complete this form: https://solangereps.typeform.com/to/RxPB9QZI. This is not a U.S. Embassy flight. For additional information, contact Solange Reps directly by calling or sending a WhatsApp message to +1 (786) 387-0000 or +51-952-396-417 or visiting their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Solangereps.Mayoristapreferida.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter