Location: Peru (countrywide)
Voting reminder: Remember U.S. embassies and consulates are not polling places. Same-day in-person voting is not available outside the United States, but you can get assistance from the embassy in requesting and returning your absentee ballot. Many states require completed ballots to reach local election officials by the close of polls on Tuesday, November 3. We are currently collecting ballots on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday mornings at the embassy entrance on Avenida La Encalada between 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. until Tuesday, November 3, except Peruvian and U.S. holidays.
Upcoming repatriation flights: The following flights are the last repatriation flights for the month of October, and there are no additional repatriation flights planned at this time. Travelers wishing to return to the United States on one of these flights should make arrangements to do so now.
- Private tour operators GSV Travel & Turifax are offering a flight from Lima to Miami on Friday, October 23, operated by Delta Airlines. Interested travelers should complete this form: https://bit.ly/2G2a1vk. For additional information on this flight, contact GSV Travel & Turifax directly by calling or sending a WhatsApp message to +51 936 260 809, +51 999 880 040, +51 990 990 833, or +51 981 263 732 or by visiting their Facebook page: GSV Travel & Turifax.
- Private tour operator Solange Reps is offering a flight from Lima to Miami (MIA) on Monday, October 26, operated by Viva Airlines. Interested travelers should complete this form: https://solangereps.typeform.com/to/pTdE1K9I. This is not a U.S. Embassy flight. For additional information, contact Solange Reps directly by calling or sending a WhatsApp message to +1-786-387-0000, +51-952-396-417 or +51 987 565171 or visiting their Facebook page: Solange Reps Tu Mayorista.
Transiting to the U.S. from Peru on commercial flights: We remind all U.S. citizens and permanent residents that it is now possible to travel to the United States by connecting to a U.S.-bound flight from several international locations. When leaving Peru, authorities will not stamp your passport. Travelers on commercial flights are required to have proof of a negative COVID-19 test, taken within 72 hours prior to their flight and have no COVID-19 symptoms. Face masks AND face shields must be worn at the airport and for the duration of the flight.
Extension of quarantine in certain areas: The government of Peru has extended quarantine for an additional 60 days, from October 20 through December 18, in certain parts of the country. The following regions of Peru remain under quarantine: Ayacucho (Huanta and La Mar); Huancavelica (Churcampa and Tayacaja); Cusco (La Convención); and Junín (Satipo). More information can be found here (in Spanish): https://busquedas.elperuano.pe/normaslegales/prorroga-de-estado-de-emergencia-en-distritos-de-las-provinc-decreto-supremo-n-169-2020-pcm-1893707-4/.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter