Location: Peru (countrywide)
Upcoming repatriation flights: The GSV Travel & Turifax flight from Lima to Miami on Friday, October 9, operated by Delta Airlines, is sold out. The Solange Reps flight from Lima to Miami (MIA) on Monday, October 12, is also sold out. The U.S. Embassy continues to work with the Peruvian government and multiple travel providers to offer additional repatriation flights. We will continue to announce all viable travel options through these email alerts.
Transiting to the U.S. from Peru on commercial flights: When leaving Peru, travelers on commercial flights are required to have proof of a negative COVID-19 test, taken within 72 hours prior to their flight and have no COVID-19 symptoms. Face masks AND face shields must be worn at the airport and for the duration of the flight. More information can be found here (in Spanish): https://cdn.www.gob.pe/uploads/document/file/1345243/Guia%20Explicativa%20.pdf.
It may be possible to travel to the United States by connecting to a U.S.-bound flight from one of the countries to which flights have resumed. Travelers should check https://travel.state.gov/ for country-specific travel information before deciding to transit through one of these countries as their regulations may change at any time. We also suggest consulting the following resources for additional information:
- Bolivia: https://bo.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Chile: https://cl.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Colombia: https://co.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- Ecuador: https://ec.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information-ecu-2/
- Panama: https://pa.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/#Entry%20and%20Exit%20Requirements
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter