The Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative (YLAI) Professional Fellows Program is a U.S. Department of State sponsored program that seeks young entrepreneurs from Latin America and the Caribbean to participate in a professional training program in the United States. Entrepreneurs also have the opportunity to enter the YLAI Network, a digital space with professional resources to help them create key contacts and foster positive changes in their communities.
The YLAI 2020 program includes:
- Four weeks of counseling in different U.S. cities with a mentor from a business or NGO. Each participant will develop a strategic plan and participate in the daily operations of said organization
- YLAI Fellows participate in a U.S. Orientation in Tempe, Arizona and YLAI Closing Forum in Washington, D.C., as well as networking events with business and social entrepreneurial leaders, and U.S. government representatives
- Continuous support of the YLAI community before, during, and after the program in the United States, through an active network of contacts, advice, and investment opportunities.
- Between the ages of 25 and 35
- Peruvian citizen and resident
- Eligible for a J-1 visa
- Proof of at least two years of experience as an entrepreneur with your own business or social initiative
- Proficient in English (written and spoken)
- NOT a citizen or resident of the United States
For more information about the application process and how to enroll in the YLAI Network, visit: https://ylai.state.gov/fellowship/. Applications will be accepted August 14, 2019 through September 19, 2019.
The Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative is a program of the U.S. Department of State. The program is a continuation and extension of the success of the inaugural YLAI project of March 2016.