Location: Cusco Region, Peru
Event: 48 Hour Strike in Cusco Region 20-21 July 2021
The Farmer’s Federation and bus and taxi unions plan to participate on strikes expected to take place on July 20 -21 in the Cusco Region. Public transportation in and around Cusco will be limited. As a precaution, train service to and from Machu Picchu has been suspended. The U.S. Consular Agency in Cusco will be closed Tuesday July 20 and Wednesday July 21st.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Carry proper Identification, including a U.S. passport.
- Always wear your mask outside. Face masks are required by Peruvian law. You may be fined if you do not wear one or do not comply with curfew and quarantine regulations. There are currently no exceptions for vaccinated individuals.
- See the Embassy’s COVID-19 webpage for information about conditions in Peru.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates: https://step.state.gov/
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter