Cusco Region, Peru
A regional strike of transportation organizations and agricultural unions is planned for Monday, July 18th in the Cusco region. Roadblocks, traffic congestion, and disruptions to train service are expected within the city and along the main routes to and from Machu Picchu. Travelers using the rail line should contact their rail service provider directly to reschedule travel to the area. Avoid areas of demonstrations, as protests and demonstrations can be unpredictable and quickly turn violent.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Refer to our website for the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada cdra. 17 s/n
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter