Jesus Maria, Lima
Approximately 1,700 protesters from Las Bambas Mining Company are gathering in downtown Lima in the area of Avenue De La Peruanidad in the Jesús Maria District. Protesters are expected to march to Plaza San Martín. Prepare for heavy police presence, road closures, and congested traffic. Avoid these areas, as protests and demonstrations can be unpredictable and can quickly turn violent.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Refer to our website for the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens: https://pe.usembassy.gov/category/alert/.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada cdra. 17 s/n
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- U.S. Consular Agency Cusco
Avenida El Sol 449
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter