Demonstration Alert – U.S. Embassy (Lima, Peru)
Location: Lima Metropolitan Area; Multiple Metropolitan Areas Throughout Peru
Event: Protest and Demonstration Activities (April 4, 2022)
Open source reporting indicates that various protest and demonstration activities are currently taking place throughout the Lima metropolitan area and other metropolitan areas throughout Peru. These activities are related to ongoing transportation strikes and other economic grievances. Increased traffic and congestion are expected.
Please remember that protests and demonstrations can be unpredictable. You should avoid the areas around protests and demonstrations. Past demonstrations in Lima have turned violent.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates
- Keep a low profile.
- Refer to our website for the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens: https://pe.usembassy.gov/
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter