Regional transportation strikes of transporters and drivers planned for July 18, 2022 are ongoing in Cusco, Puno, Arequipa, Tacna, and Moquegua. Strikes may spread to other regions. Roadblocks and traffic congestion are expected along major routes throughout those regions. Avoid areas of demonstrations, as protests and demonstrations can be unpredictable and quickly turn violent.
Air industry unions also warn of disruptions to air travel due to lack of fuel. This may result in delays and cancelations of both domestic and outbound international flights from Peru.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations or roadblocks.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Refer to our website for the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada cdra. 17 s/n
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- U.S. Consular Agency Cusco
Avenida El Sol 449
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter