A demonstration by anti-government groups is planned from Saturday, August 13 through Monday, August 15, 2022 on and around Paseo de los Héroes Navales, Plaza Dos de Mayo, Plaza San Martín, the Public Ministry at Avenida Abarcay, Campo de Marte, Avenida Guzman Blanco, and Paseo Colón. Counter demonstrations, roadblocks, traffic congestion, and disruptions to transportation are expected. Avoid areas of demonstrations, as protests and demonstrations can be unpredictable and quickly turn violent.
Actions to take
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations or roadblocks.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Refer to our website for the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens: https://pe.usembassy.gov/
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada cdra. 17 s/n
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter