Location: Cusco region near Machu Picchu
Event: There are on-going protests against Peru Rail and Ferrocarril Transandino railway companies in the Cusco region along the Machu Picchu line. The protests may continue until the situation is resolved. Protesters have blocked railways and delayed rail traffic in the region, resulting in the suspension of rail operations along the Machu Picchu line.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas in and around the Machu Picchu rail line
- Monitor local media for updates
- Avoid demonstrations
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter