Location: Ica and Trujillo on Panamericana Sur and Panamericana Norte Highways
There are ongoing widespread protests of agricultural workers in multiple regions of Peru affecting travel along the PanAmericana Sur and PanAmericana Norte highways in the Ica and Trujillo regions. The Peruvian National Police deployed a large force of police officers in response. Avoid travel in the affected areas if possible, as the situation is ongoing and evolving. The protests may continue for several days until the situation is resolved.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates
- Avoid the PanAmerican highway in and around Ica and Trujillo
- Avoid demonstrations
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter