Cusco and Puno, Peru
Protests are expected to take place February 16 – February 19 in Cusco. Markets will remain open and public transportation is not expected to be severely affected. Avoid approaching any demonstrations encountered. A full strike continues to affect the Puno region and main roadways in and out of the cities of Puno and Juliaca are blocked. Do not approach roadblocks and follow orders from local law enforcement.
For emergencies involving American citizens in Peru, please email at LimaACS@state.gov or call +51-1-618-2000.
Actions to take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Do not interfere with roadblocks
- Comply with instructions from the Peruvian National Police and local authorities.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Enroll in STEP to receive alerts and messaging from the U.S. Embassy in Lima.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada cdra. 17 s/n
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- U.S. Consular Agency Cusco
Avenida El Sol 449
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter