The General Confederation of Workers has called for a nationwide strike starting February 9. The strike, should it occur, is expected to severely limit transportation options in Cusco and may complicate transportation in other cities and regions of Peru. Avoid demonstrations should you encounter any and remain in a safe location.
For emergencies involving American citizens in Peru, please email at LimaACS@state.gov or call +51-1-618-2000.
Actions to take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Do not interfere with roadblocks
- Comply with instructions from the Peruvian National Police and local authorities.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Enroll in STEP to receive alerts and messaging from the U.S. Embassy in Lima.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada cdra. 17 s/n
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter