Location: Lima, Peru
Event: Demonstrations and Possible Movement Disruptions (January 18, 2023)
Protests and demonstrations are expected to take place in Lima on January 19. Please exercise increased caution and do not approach demonstrators. U.S. citizens should avoid crowds and follow the instructions of local authorities.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Do not interfere with or attempt to circumvent roadblocks.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Follow traffic police instructions.
- Comply with instructions from the Peruvian National Police and local authorities.
- Register in STEP ( https://step.state.gov/) to receive alerts and messaging from the U.S. Embassy in Lima.
U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada cdra. 17 s/n
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
Consular Agency Cusco
Avenida El Sol 449, Cusco
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov