Cusco and Arequipa, Peru
Due to ongoing civil unrest in Peru, authorities have temporarily suspended operations at Alfredo Rodriguez Ballon International Airport in Arequipa. Please contact your airline for information on rescheduling flights.
Train service between Machu Picchu and Cusco has been suspended indefinitely. If you are stranded, please contact local authorities directly or through your hotel or tour agency. Large demonstrations continue in Cusco.
For emergencies involving American citizens in Peru, please call +51-1-618-2000. The American Citizen Services unit can also be reached at LimaACS@state.gov. For emergency services in Cusco, you may contact us via email at CuscoACS@state.gov or by calling +51-84-231-474.
Actions to take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Comply with instructions from the Peruvian National Police and local authorities.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Register in STEP to receive alerts and messaging from the U.S. Embassy in Lima.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada cdra. 17 s/n
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- U.S. Consular Agency Cusco
Avenida El Sol 449
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter