Cusco and Arequipa, Peru
Due to ongoing civil unrest in Peru, authorities have suspended operations at the following airports:
- Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport (Cusco)
- Alfredo Rodriguez Ballon International Airport (Arequipa)
Additionally, the following regional airports remain temporarily closed:
- Inca Manco Capac International Airport (Juliaca)
- Andahuaylas Airport (Andahuaylas)
Please contact your airline for information on rescheduling flights.
Due to ongoing roadblocks, inter-provincial bus companies Cruz del Sur and Civa suspended all operations nationwide on January 19. Large demonstrations continue and may arise anywhere throughout the country. Exercise increased caution and remain in a safe location.
For emergencies involving American citizens in Peru, please call +51-1-618-2000. The American Citizen Services unit can also be reached at LimaACS@state.gov.
Actions to take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Do not interfere with roadblocks
- Comply with instructions from the Peruvian National Police and local authorities.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Register in STEP to receive alerts and messaging from the U.S. Embassy in Lima.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada cdra. 17 s/n
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- U.S. Consular Agency Cusco
Avenida El Sol 449
+51 84 231474
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter