Multiple demonstrations are expected to take place in Lima the weekend of January 28-29. Demonstrations are expected in the Cercado de Lima neighborhood, including Lima’s historic center. A march is also expected to take place in the Jesus Maria neighborhood on Saturday, January 28. Remain vigilant, as protests can take place in unexpected locations in the city.
Protests continue to impact other areas of the country including in Cusco, Puno, Arequipa, and Madre de Dios. Avoid any demonstrations.
Actions to take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Do not interfere with roadblocks
- Comply with instructions from the Peruvian National Police and local authorities.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Register in STEP to receive alerts and messaging from the U.S. Embassy in Lima.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada cdra. 17 s/n
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter