The Cusco Consular Agency will suspend on-site operations for the rest of the day on January 31 due to ongoing civil unrest in the city. Protests continue to take place in prominent locations throughout the city center. Refrain from approaching protestors and remain in a safe location.
Demonstrations are expected to continue tonight in Lima, including in the historic city center. Protests continue to impact other areas of the country including Puno, Arequipa, La Libertad, Ica, and Madre de Dios. Exercise increased caution and avoid protests and roadblocks.
Actions to take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Do not interfere with roadblocks
- Comply with instructions from the Peruvian National Police and local authorities.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Register in STEP to receive alerts and messaging from the U.S. Embassy in Lima.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada cdra. 17 s/n
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- U.S. Consular Agency Cusco
Avenida El Sol 449
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter