Location: Peru (countrywide)
Event: U.S. Embassy Lima reminds U.S. citizens about the potential for protests and demonstrations over the next few days. The Peruvian final-round elections take place on Sunday, June 6. All current COVID-19 related movement restrictions remain in place. Please remain mindful of your surroundings and stay away of any areas where groups usually form.
The U.S. Embassy recommends all U.S. citizens avoid demonstrations due to their unpredictable nature. Avoid large gatherings. Even peaceful demonstrations and large gatherings have the potential to become unruly without warning. Demonstrations are likely to cause traffic congestion in and around the areas where protesters are gathered.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Keep your phone charged, carry an ID, and wear your mask outside of your residence.
- Comply with instructions from the Peruvian National Police and local authorities.
- Register in STEP ( https://step.state.gov/) to receive alerts and messaging from the U.S. Embassy in Lima.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter