Certain applicants may be able to apply to renew their visas without an interview. Qualified applicants can complete the online application, pay the fees, and drop off their passports and other required documents at one of this five designated locations around Peru at any time during their normal business hours. and If you have urgent travel, please make an appointment through the Visa Appointment Center website.
To qualify, all of the following must be true:
- The visa you wish to renew falls into one of the following categories: B1, B2, B1/B2, C1/D, F1, F2, J1, J2, M1 or M2.
For B1, B2 and B1/B2 visas: The visa you wish to renew must be a multiple-entry visitor visa that was issued for 5 or 10 years.
For C1/D visas: You must be returning to work for the same employer/company. Please submit a letter of employment with your passport.
For F, J and M visas: You must be continuing participation in the same program even if at a different institution; or attend the same institution even if in a different program. Your application should have the same Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) number from the previously issued visa. Please submit the I-20 or DS-2019 with your passport.
- Your current visa was issued at U.S. Embassy – Lima
- Your last application resulted in an issuance
- Your visa is current or expired less than twelve months ago
- You are a Peruvian citizen or legal resident currently residing in Peru
- The visa you wish to renew was not reported as lost or stolen, and was not revoked
- You have never been arrested or convicted of a crime, deported from the United States, denied entry to the United States, or had any other problems or difficulties with U.S. Customs and Border Patrol when attempting to enter the United States
Step 1: Complete the DS-160 online application form and print the confirmation sheet.
Step 2: Go to the Visa Appointment Service website and create an account (e-mail and password), choose the appropriate visa category, select the DHL branch where you want to pick up your passport and visa, and pay the application fee (MRV fee).
Step 3: Drop off your passport, a photo, and any required documentation at any of these DHL locations.
Important: The Consular Section reserves the right to interview any applicant.