Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Location: Peru (countrywide)
Event: Government of Peru Announces Halloween Restrictions (October 26, 2021)
On October 25, 2021, the Government of Peru announced that in accordance with Supreme Decree N° 131-2021-PCM, all large gatherings/parties/events are prohibited on Sunday, October 31st, to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 spread during Halloween and Día de la Canción Criolla.
For more information, please refer to (in Spanish): https://www.gob.pe/institucion/mininter/noticias/548599-comunicado-mininter.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates. Movement restrictions may be changed unexpectedly and with very short notice.
- Always wear your mask outside. Face masks are required by Peruvian law. You may be fined if you do not wear one or do not comply with curfew and quarantine regulations. There are currently no exceptions for vaccinated individuals.
- Double masks are required, and face shields are recommended in highly populated indoor areas, such as shopping malls, department stores, pharmacies, and grocery stores. You will not be permitted to enter without them.
- Wash your hands frequently, and respect social distancing guidelines.
- Carry a photo ID.
- Continue to check https://diariooficial.elperuano.pe/normas for the latest related Peruvian government decrees.
- See the Embassy’s COVID-19 webpage for information about conditions in Peru.
- Visit the CDC Travelers Health Page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates: https://step.state.gov/
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter