Location: Peru (countrywide)
Event: Government of Peru Extends COVID Regulations and Curfews, Peru (February 11, 2021)
On February 10, 2021, the government of Peru announced the extension of emergency self-quarantine and movement restrictions due to high levels of COVID-19 spread for an additional 14 days until February 28 in 32 provinces of 17 regions of Peru. Regions considered on “Extreme Alert” include the city of Lima, Lima metropolitan region, Callao, Áncash, Pasco, Ica, Huánuco, Junín, Huancavelica, and Apurímac, and selected provinces of other regions. Other regions of Peru are at lower alert levels. The government of Peru indicated it would reevaluate and adjust these public health measures every 15 days.
Each alert level specifies curfew hours, vehicle movement restrictions, and occupancy limits of restaurants, places of worship, casinos, malls, cinemas, and other public spaces. You can find more information here (in Spanish): https://elperuano.pe/noticia/115081-gobierno-extiende-por-14-dias-mas-cuarentena-en-regiones-de-nivel-extremo
In Metropolitan Lima and other areas of extreme alert, the curfew lasts 24 hours, but individuals are allowed outside for one hour to go to the supermarket, bank, pharmacy, medical care, and exercise from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.. Beaches are closed with limited exceptions. Restaurants are open only for delivery. Private vehicles are prohibited without an official permit. Please continue to check https://diariooficial.elperuano.pe/normas for the latest decrees.
Actions to Take:
- Always wear your mask outside and carry a photo ID.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- See the Embassy’s COVID-19 webpage for information about conditions in Peru.
- Visit the CDC Travelers Health Page at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates at https://step.state.gov/
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter