Location: Peru (countrywide)
Event: Travel Advisory for Peru increased from Level 3 “Reconsider Travel” to Level 4 “Do Not Travel” (April 21, 2021)
On April 20, 2021, the Department of State announced that the Travel Advisory for Peru has increased from Level 3 “Reconsider Travel” to Level 4 “Do Not Travel” due to the ongoing situation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please be aware of the following:
- Because of the ongoing risks due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the CDC advises against travel to Peru. For more information visit: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-peru.
- The State Department advises against travel to countries with a Travel Advisory of Level 4 as a matter of safety and security. If a U.S. citizen decides to travel anyway, we strongly urge them to read our information on high-risk travel at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/travelers-with-special-considerations/high-risk-travelers.html and follow our advice on how to prepare.
- Should you decide to travel, please enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive timely alerts about evolving health and safety conditions. Also continue to monitor travel.state.gov, and our social media platforms (@usembassyperu on Twitter and Instagram) for additional information about the evolving situation.
- Due to local health conditions because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are limited in our ability to provide routine consular appointments at the U.S. Embassy in Lima and the Consular Agency in Cusco.
Actions to Take:
- If you are currently in Peru, always wear your mask outside, wash your hands frequently, and carry a photo ID. Face masks are required by Peruvian law. You may be fined if you do not wear one or do not comply with Peruvian curfew and quarantine emergency regulations.
- See the Embassy’s COVID-19 webpage for information about conditions in Peru.
- Visit the CDC Travelers Health Page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates: https://step.state.gov/step/.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter