Location: Peru (countrywide)
Event: Updated COVID Regulations (January 15, 2021)
On January 13, 2021, the government of Peru updated its COVID regulations and curfews with the new norms effective January 15, 2021. The government of Peru also indicated that it will reevaluate and adjust these public health measures every 15 days.
Beaches are closed with limited exceptions through January 31. Please continue to check https://busquedas.elperuano.pe/ for the latest related decrees.
The Government of Peru suspended the entrance of non-resident passengers traveling from Europe or South Africa (or travelers who have transited there in the last 14 days) until January, 31 2021. You can find more information in the decree, online here (in Spanish): https://busquedas.elperuano.pe/normaslegales/decreto-supremo-que-establece-precisiones-y-modifica-el-decr-decreto-supremo-n-004-2021-pcm-1919992-1/
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- See the Embassy’s COVID-19 webpage for information about conditions in Peru.
- Visit the CDC Travelers Health Page at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive updates at https://step.state.gov/
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter