Effective January 26, 2021, all air passengers traveling to the United States from a foreign country, including U.S. citizens, must present either proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within three days of departure, or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19. Airlines must confirm the negative test result or documentation of recovery for all passengers before they board. Additional information is available on the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the CDC’s website for more information before you book travel to the United States.
- Check with your airline, cruise line, or travel operator for information on how testing requirements and other restrictions may affect your plans.
- See the Embassy’s COVID-19 webpage for information about conditions in Peru.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter