Online Auction of United States Embassy in Lima
The United States of America’s Embassy in Lima will conduct a public online auction of excess items owned by the US Government. The items include: IT equipment, household and office furniture, appliances, AC units, vehicles and other miscellaneous items.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
ONLINE AUCTION: From September 22 to 24, 2023.
PAYMENT NOTIFICATON: September 25, 2023.
PAYMENT: From September 25 to 26, 2023.
PICKUP: From September 27 to 29, 2023 in Santiago de Surco, Callao, Pucallpa y Villa El Salvador.
To see and/or bid, go to the link https://online-auction.state.gov. Sign in on “Register”, then you will receive an email to confirm your registration and click on the received link. Then, log in with your registered email and generated password. You will see all active auctions and choose “Lima, PE”. Finally, at the bottom of the page shows a “Subscription” button, which you must click and accept the terms to start bidding. All offers are in US dollars and the lot will be awarded to the highest bidder.
Winners will be informed on Monday September 25, 2023, with payment details. Payments are by bank transfer in Soles at the exchange rate of the Embassy of the United States.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions of the online auction are considered accepted as soon as you participate (sign in) in the online auction of Lima’s Embassy of the United States, and which are detailed below:
- All information on the offered lots is shown on the online auction website (https://online-auction.state.gov). The images of the offered lots are as reference.
- There will be no validations, guarantees, returns, refunds or exchanges for the goods purchased.
- The online auction will be announced on the official website of the Embassy of the United States in Lima, El Comercio newspaper, registered contact database and official social networks.
- The buyer is responsible for all taxes, duties and/or other expenses after the award of the goods.
- The buyer who does not comply with any of the terms and conditions will be disqualified from participating in future auctions of the United States Embassy for a period of 6 months.
- The Government of the United States reserves the right to reject any offer that it does not consider fair for the value of the property, or in which there is evidence of collusion, illegal act(s), and/or corruption.
- The Government of the United States reserves the right to withdraw for its use, a part or all property before its effective collection by the buyer.
- The lots are offered in US dollars and payments are made only by bank transfer in Soles and at the Exchange Rate determined by the Finance Office of the US Embassy.
- All winners will be notified to their registered email with the payment details the day after the auction closure.
- Winning bidders must not make any payment without receiving prior confirmation and/or communication from the US Embassy officer.
- Proof of transfer or payment for the awarded lots must be sent by email before picking up the lots.
- The winner will have a maximum term of 24 hours to pay the value of the awarded lot(s), after that time, the responsible US Embassy officer will invalidate all bidder’s bids for that/those lot(s). In case any bidder rejects an awarded lot, he will be disqualified from participating in future US Embassy auctions for a 6-month period.
3.3. Pick up:
- The pick-up dates shown in the online auction web site are referential, so the US Embassy can make changes in coordination with the winners.
- Once the bank transference (payment) has been validated in the US Embassy account, the winners will receive an email with the specific pick-up date and time.
- The sold lots will be dispatched by US Embassy officers in the loading area indicated by them. It is the Buyer’s responsibility to load his/her vehicle with the sold lots and provide transportation out of the Embassy facilities. In case the winner cannot come to pick up their awarded lots, their representative can do it after a confirmation email and a legalized power of attorney letter.
- To pick up the lots, the winner, his/her representative and/or his/her assistants must wear their mandatory PPE: Safety helmet, safety boots, gloves; as well as other security equipment indicated in the coordination email. Access will not be allowed to anyone without the mandatory PPE.
- The winner must pick up all his/her lots as scheduled. Partial pick-ups are not allowed.
- The winners are expected to follow security instructions and maintain proper behavior within the US Embassy grounds. Any accident caused by any unsafe action by the winner or his companions, must be entirely assumed by the winner.