An official website of the United States government

Replacing a Limited-Validity Passport DS-11

Lost/Stolen or Damaged/Mutilated Passport

You were issued a limited validity U.S. passport.  Your new U.S. passport book is limited in validity because one or more of your U.S. passports was lost, stolen, severely damaged, or mutilated.  The back page of your passport book was printed with a statement that full validity replacement of your passport must be approved by the Department of State.

To receive a full validity U.S. passport book, you must apply using form DS-11  and pay the application fee.

To apply in Peru, visit our Passport Services page for requirements and appointment information.

To apply in the United States, visit the Travel.State.gov Passports Page for information on how and where to apply.

If you have any questions regarding this notice, you may contact the National Passport Information Center (NPIC), toll-free, at 1-877-487-2778 (TTY/TDD: 1-888-874-7793).  Please also visit us online at travel.state.gov for general passport information.