The Embassy has been advised of some road closures and repairs which will be ongoing in various regions of the country during part or all of the Semana Santa holidays. Some closures were due to flooding and mudslides brought on by seasonal rains, and dangerous road conditions may still exist in those areas.
Any U.S. citizens traveling through or near to the following locations are advised to consult with hotels or tour organizers before traveling, or may wish to alter their itineraries. You may also consult with iPeru (01-574-8000), a national tourism and assistance agency, for up-to-date information about road conditions or transportation problems in specific areas:
- Region of Apurimac, route province of Abancay to province of Andahuaylas, km 756, sector of Chamanapampa.
- Region of Amazonas, province of Jaen, sector of Chamaya, km 180 carretera Fernando Belaunde Terry.
- Region of Amazonas, province of Bagua, district of La Florida (Pomacochas), sector of Chido, km 321-300 carretera Fernando Belaunde Terry.
- Region of Lambayeque, (Chiclayo), km 61 carretera penetracion Huallapampa of Carretera Fernando Belaunde Terry, route Chiclayo to Olmos.
- Region of Ancash, (Chimbote) km 85-95 carretera penetracion Casma to Huaraz.
- Region of Piura, (Piura) km 828-830 Panamericana norte highway.
- Region of Piura, (Piura) km 245 Panamericana norte highway. Route Sullana – Tumbes – Puente Piojo, district of Corrales (Tumbes).
- Region of Tumbes, km 226 – 236 Panamericana Norte highway, sector of Malpaso, district of Zorritos.
- Region of San Martin, (Tarapoto), km 30 Highway of Tarapoto to Yurimaguas, (Sector of San Jose), district of Banda Shilcayo.
- Region of Huanuco, (Tingo Maria), km 491 Carretera Central, route Tingo Maria to Huanuco, Durand bridge (Puente Durand), district of Chincho, province of Acomayo.
- Region of Lima, Lima Centro, km34 – 51, carretera central, Chosica (urban zone).