Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Location: Metropolitan Lima and Constitutional Province of Callao
Event: 22-Hour Lockdown (April 5, 2022)
On April 4, the Government of Peru issued Supreme Decree 034-2022-PCM, imposing a 22-hour lockdown for Metropolitan Lima and the Constitutional Province of Callao, from 2:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. today, April 5. All persons who do not work in the essential services listed must remain at home during this time.
Travel to hospitals to seek emergency medical attention is allowed, and pharmacies will remain open.
The Jorge Chavez International Airport remains open, but travelers should check with their airline before attempting to travel to the airport.
The U.S. Embassy in Lima will be closed for appointments for the public today, and all American Citizen Services and visa appointments will be rescheduled.
Actions to take:
- Monitor local media for updates
- Review your personal security plans
- Avoid crowds
- Avoid demonstrations
- Seek secure shelter
- Refer to our website for the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens: https://pe.usembassy.gov/
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter