Demonstration Alert: U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
- Plaza San Martin, Lima Central, Lima
- Congress, Lima Central, Lima
- Avenida Encalada, Surco, Lima
Event: Lima Protests (April 5, 2022)
Protesters have gathered in and around Plaza San Martin in Lima’s central district and along Avenida Encalada in the Surco neighborhood of Lima. Large crowds, estimated at up to 10,000 protesters, are expected at the San Martin location throughout the evening and appear to be making their way towards Congress.
Please remember that crowds can be unpredictable. You are advised to avoid these areas due to increased traffic, congestion, and protest activities.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Keep a low profile.
- Monitor local media for updates
- Refer to our website for the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens: https://pe.usembassy.gov/
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada 1615
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter