Based on the improved security environment and regionally focused active protest locations, the U.S. Embassy will be removing the blanket requirement for personnel to obtain approval for most in country travel. However, the U.S. Embassy will restrict all travel to the Puno and Apurimac regions. In addition, travel to Cusco region will still require prior approval.
For emergencies involving American citizens in Peru, please email at LimaACS@state.gov or call +51-1-618-2000.
Actions to take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Do not interfere with roadblocks
- Comply with instructions from the Peruvian National Police and local authorities.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Enroll in STEP to receive alerts and messaging from the U.S. Embassy in Lima.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada cdra. 17 s/n
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter