Northern Coast from Tumbes to Lima, Peru
The Government of Peru has announced a state of emergency from Tumbes to Lima due to the heavy rains of Cyclone Yaku that are causing major flooding and other safety concerns.
Persons living in areas prone to flooding are urged to take preventive actions and be attentive to the recommendations of local authorities.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area
- Monitor local media for updates
- Notify friends and family of your safety
- Enroll in STEP to receive alerts and messaging from the U.S. Embassy in Lima.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada cdra. 17 s/n
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Webpage
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter