December 19, 2017
In response to recent threat information, and until further notice, Embassy personnel are temporarily required to utilize vehicles to commute to and from the Embassy. Walking, running and bicycling to and from the Embassy are strictly prohibited. Additionally, commercial areas in close proximity to the Embassy (highlighted area in red) are off limits to all Embassy personnel for the immediate future. Boundary roads to the off limits areas are annotated below:
South of El Derby Avenue
East of El Polo Avenue
West of La Encalada Avenue
North of Primavera Avenue
The Consular Section, including the American Citizen Services and Visa Units will remain open for appointments as well as emergency services; however, visitors may notice an increased police presence. Should you wish to reschedule your appointment, please send an email request to the appropriate address below:
Additional information will be provided as available.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en.html for the Worldwide Caution http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/worldwide-caution.html, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Peru https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/peru.html.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program https://step.state.gov/step/ to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/travelgov and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/travelgov
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Peru https://pe.usembassy.gov/, located in Monterrico, a suburb of Lima, at Avenida La Encalada, Block Seventeen. You can call the Embassy at +51-1-618-2000 during business hours, 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday, or dial the same number to reach a duty officer for after-hours emergencies.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).