Applicants should arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled appointment. Those that arrive earlier will be required to wait outside of the Embassy.
Additionally, only applicants with a scheduled appointment will be admitted into the Embassy. The only exceptions are:
- parent(s) or guardian(s) accompanying children under 18 years old
- translators for applicants who do not speak English or Spanish
- assistants for the disabled
- employers of domestic employee applicants
No other exceptions will be made in accessing the Consular Section.
Every person that comes to the Embassy, along with their belongings, must go through a security screening before entering the Embassy.
You will not be allowed to enter the Embassy if you bring any of the following items:
- weapons or any element that could be used as a weapon, including knives, metallic files, nail clippers, scissors, etc.
- electronic devices (mobile phones, cameras, laptops, tablets, USBs, cables, remote controls, remote access keys or other electronic equipment)
- liquids and/or flammable items, including sodas, perfume, lighters, matches, etc.
- purses or bags measuring 20 x 15 x 10cm or more (smaller purses are allowed)
- packages, bags, backpacks, briefcases, suitcases
- drugs, narcotics or any illegal substance, as well as medicines without a prescription
The Embassy does not provide storage of any kind. If you bring any of the items listed above, you will not be allowed to enter the Embassy.
In order to make the process as quick as possible, please avoid wearing the following items:
- platform shoes with high heels
- metallic belts
- clothing with metallic accessories (buttons, buckles, etc.)