All visitors must wear a mask over the mouth and nose at all times.
Applicants who are experiencing flu-like or gastrointestinal symptoms of COVID-19 within two weeks prior to their scheduled appointment should stay home for the safety of fellow applicants and our staff. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, you may reschedule your appointment by contacting LimaACS@state.gov. You will be given priority as soon as your period of illness is over.
Applicants should arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled appointment. Those that arrive earlier will be required to wait outside of the Embassy.
Additionally, only applicants with a scheduled appointment will be admitted into the Embassy. The only exceptions are:
- Parent(s) or guardian(s) accompanying children under 18 years old.
- Translators for applicants who do not speak English or Spanish.
- Assistants for the disabled.
- Employers of domestic employee applicants.
No other exceptions will be made in accessing the Consular Section.
Every person that comes to the Embassy, along with their belongings, must go through a security screening before entering the Embassy.
You will not be allowed to enter the Embassy if you bring any of the following items:
- Weapons or any item that could be used as a weapon, including knives, metallic files, nail clippers, scissors, etc.
- Electronic devices (mobile phones, smart watches, cameras, laptops, tablets, USBs, cables, remote controls, remote access keys or other electronic equipment).
- Liquids and/or flammable items, including sodas, perfume, lighters, matches, etc.
- Purses or bags measuring 20 x 15 x 10cm or more (smaller purses are allowed).
- Packages, bags, backpacks, briefcases, suitcases.
- Drugs, narcotics or any illegal substance, as well as medicines without a prescription.
The Embassy maintains a small kiosk outside the main entrance where applicants can leave keys, phones, and other small items while inside the Embassy compound.
- The kiosk is available Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. except on U.S. and Peruvian holidays.
- Personal items, placed in a sealed bag provided by the kiosk, can be stored for 15 soles, a large purse or backpack for 20 soles, or a laptop for 20 soles.
In order to make the process as quick as possible, please avoid wearing the following items:
- Platform shoes with high heels.
- Metallic belts.
- Clothing with metallic accessories (buttons, buckles, etc.).