The U.S. Embassy in Peru is pleased to announce an open call for project proposals to commemorate the Bicentennial of Peru’s Independence.
The Bicentennial Project is a celebration of the Peru of today and an aspiration for innovative, diverse citizens of tomorrow. This notice of funding opportunity is aimed at well-conceived and managed projects that commemorate and highlight the 200th Anniversary of Peruvian Independence that will be celebrated on July 28, 2021, and throughout the bicentennial year.
This opportunity is open for Peruvian and U.S. civil society, institutions, NGOs, the Peruvian diaspora in the United States, and/or government organizations to submit applications before September 30, 2020, to carry out a program any time in 2021 to commemorate the bicentennial. Project proposal budgets must be within the range of $5,000 – $50,000 U.S. dollars.
Proposals must explicitly address one or more of the thematic goals of the Bicentennial Project:
- Dialogue and Reconciliation
- Equal Opportunities
- Identity and Diversity
- Integration and competitiveness
Proposals should also include a U.S. component and one element of the bilateral partnership through which the United States supports Peru’s aspirations for regional and global leadership, the fight against transnational criminal organizations, promotion of economic opportunities for U.S. businesses, and strengthening citizen security. Due to public health measures, applicants are encouraged to consider how virtual programming could be incorporated. Project suggestions include:
- Educational programs that provide leadership training to elevate the participation of women and minority figures in Peru’s democracy and strengthen citizen values.
- Social programs that promote community leaders who will become agents of change to combat xenophobia, racism, discrimination, among others.
- Cultural programs that celebrate Peru’s rich history, its historical connection to the United States, and diverse world of art and entertainment.
- Industrial programs that highlight historical advances in technology and infrastructure and/or offer innovative solutions for modern day problems.
For more details about this and other funding opportunities kindly visit the Embassy website at: