Sedapal, the water provider for Lima and Callao, announced intermittent interruption to water services starting Friday, October 6 with a plan forrestoration within 36 to 96 hours. The following Lima districts will be affected: Barranco, Surquillo, La Molina, Ate, La Victoria, Miraflores, San Isidro, San Luis, El Agustio, Rimac, San Martin de Porres, Cieneguilla, Santa Anita, Villa El Salvador, Independencia, San Juan de Lurigancho, San Borja, Santiago de Surco, San Juan de Miraflores, Villa Maria del Triunfo, Lurín and Chorrillos. Please visit Sedapal’s website to see live updates: Water Services Interruptions.
We advise U.S. citizens to check if your residence building or hotel in Lima has reserve tanks of water. In some cases, residents may be unaware of a water cut in their neighborhood, because water will still be available in underground cisterns for a period of time after the water interruption. As a precaution, it is recommended to conserve and store tap water in anticipation of possible disruptions in service. Sedapal will provide free drinking water at various distribution points through Lima and Callao.
Actions to take:
- Conserve and store tap water and drinking water in anticipation of possible disruptions in service.
- Maintain awareness of water supplies in your area.
- Monitor local media and Sedapal’s website for updates.
- Contact your hotel or building concierge for assistance.
- Enroll in STEP to receive alerts and messaging from the U.S. Embassy in Lima.
- U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
Avenida La Encalada cdra. 17 s/n
Santiago de Surco 15023, Lima
- U.S. Consular Agency Cusco
Avenida El Sol 449
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Peru Country Information
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Need help? Email: CASTEP@state.gov.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter