Location: Coastline of Peru
Event: MINCETUR is reporting unusually high tides along Peru’s coastline. To ensure citizens’ safety, Peruvian authorities will take security measures such as the closing of the Costa Verde highway.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the affected areas and routes. Find alternative routes to your destination.
- Monitor local media and government agencies, including Peru’s Tourist Information and Assistance Service (iPeru), the National Emergency Operations Center (COEN), the National Meteorology and Hydrology Service of Peru (SENAMHI), and the Commission to Promote Peru for Export and Tourism (PROMPERU) for updates.
- WhatsApp: iPeru +51-944-492-314
- Twitter: @Promperu @COENPeru @SENAMHIPeru
- Monitor the Embassy webpage and the American Citizen Services (ACS) Facebook page for updates.
- Keep friends and family informed of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Road flooding can occur without warning.
U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
U.S. Consular Agency, Cusco
Avenida El Sol 449 Office #201
Phone: +51 84 231-474
Fax: +51 84 245-102
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444